Monday, March 10, 2014

Story Time

Because of the time change both my little ones slept till after 730, which would usually be 630am, their normal wake up time. Harper didn’t come downstairs until 5 minutes to 8 which was pretty late for him, time change or not. Since the little kids woke up late, Landon and I were thrown off our schedule and ended up being in a major rush to get his lunch made before he had to leave! We’re so used to all the morning chaos that we didn’t know what to do with ourselves!

Around 8:50am I remembered that today was story time at the library. I wanted to go because the two of them had such a great time the last time we went, so we hurried to get dressed, brush teeth and hair, and off we went. They were like angels the whole time we were there. There were several babies there and both my kids just loved watching them. There were a few that weren’t yet sitting up and Dakota couldn’t take her eyes off of them. She kept saying “baby, baby” and telling me “up” so I would take her to see them. Harper was content to watch the more mobile babies crawling around and he thought they were pretty darn funny.

I was trying to get pictures of the two of them but once they saw me with my camera out, they got silly!

IMG_8941

IMG_8939

Harper was very helpful at the end of story time and went around collecting all the books to put back in the book bin. The only problem was he was taking the books even when other kids were still looking at them! Haha! I had to intervene once or twice, but the mom’s all thought it was very nice of him to try to help clean up and let him take their book. Harper was very proud of himself for cleaning up all the books and the librarian thanked him for his help.

IMG_8945

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...