Sunday, April 20, 2014

Spring Gardening and Egg Hunt at Mema’s House

After our egg hunt at Rolly Pollies yesterday we went to Lowes to pick up a few new plants for the yard, then home to get to work putting them in the ground. I chose a knock-out rose bush, a couple daffodils and a bright pink/red peony and Tony picked up three hosta’s. I also picked up two climbing plants for the lattice I put out front, but I can’t remember what they’re called at the moment! (I’ve done sweet potato vine there for several years but thought I’d try something new this year, and they’re perennials so hopefully they’ll do well there and come back year after year.)

Knock-Out Rose

IMG_9752

Daffodils

IMG_9758

Peony’s (these are the one’s from last year, they’ve really grown since just last week!)

IMG_9759

First tulip to open up!

IMG_9756

Tony decided to start digging out and leveling the back yard for our future path and patio. It’s exciting to see it start to come together a little even though I know it’s going to be a long process. Landon went out to help with the yard work for awhile and he said he was exhausted when he came in!

IMG_1479

                                                                                                                         

Yesterday afternoon we had dinner at Mema’s house. We got there around 4pm and the kids immediately went into the backyard for an Easter egg hunt.

IMG_9772

A few of the eggs were tough to find, but we did end up finding them all and they each earned some change in the process!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...