Thursday, April 10, 2014

When the Weather’s Nice

Our weather has finally started to feel like spring should, cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoons. We’ve been taking full advantage of these beautiful days spending hours and hours outside.

Yesterday, the moment Dakota woke up from her nap, I took the two kids out back to play. We jumped on the trampoline, took turns on the swing, played in the sand, wrote on our chalkboard, kicked a ball around the yard and even hid and searched for Easter eggs! It was such a fun afternoon!

IMG_9416

IMG_9419

I couldn’t help but notice that my yard needed some work though, so I grabbed a rake and some bags and got to work cleaning up the flowerbed. As you can see in the picture below, it’s a lot of space to work in. The part in the photo that is shaded is pretty much all I got cleaned up. It looks a lot better over there without all the dead leaves lying around.

IMG_9420

The picture below is of the back left corner of our yard. It’s a mess back there and Tony and I really need to get it cleared. We have so many plans for this space but our time is so limited as to when we can work on it. It’s no easy task getting yard work done with kids under tow!

IMG_9421

The two kids were happy to play while I worked and soon enough Tony was home helping me. We took turns keeping them busy and working on the yard.

Tony pulled out this gigantic root from a tree he took down awhile ago. That thing was a bitch to get out of the ground!

IMG_9422

Here’s the hole it left in the middle of the yard:

IMG_9423

You can’t really tell how big it is in the photo so you’ll just have to trust me when I say it’s pretty damn big! :) I’m hoping we’ll be able to spend a few hours working on the yard again this weekend. As soon as it’s cleared we’ll be able to start putting our plans into action, and that’s gonna be a whole lotta fun!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...