Five on Friday
- One morning this week, Harper didn’t get up until about 8:15am. Dakota had been up since 6:30, her usual, and she’d been waiting for “Harhar” (what she calls him) to come downstairs to play. As soon as he came down, she got up from what she was doing and started walking towards him. He saw her and as she got closer, he opened his arms and they walked to each other and embraced in the biggest hug I’ve ever seen. He then kissed her on the forehead and she kissed his chest (what she could reach) and then they turned around and went to play. I hope that image stays burned in my brain for the rest of my life; it was one of the sweetest moments I’ve ever seen.
- We are getting ready for a garage sale tomorrow. One thing we are getting rid of is the old pack and play. When Tony pulled it off of the shelf in the storage room, the music box started to play. I was instantly in tears hearing that music. (I’m teary now just writing about it.) That music lulled these last two babies to sleep more times than I will ever remember. I never grew tired of hearing that low music when I knew that either one of them was soundly sleeping only a few feet from our bed. I know it’s time to pass it on, but man it’s not easy.
- Dakota has been saying “no” about everything this week. She used to say “uh-uh” when she meant “no” so this is something new. It makes us laugh when she says it because of the way she says it. Maybe I can catch it on video…
- Today Zoe said “Mom, you know those long skirts that when you pull them apart they’re really pants?” I said “Yeah, what about them?” and she said “What are those things?” I guess it’s not so funny when you read it like this, but you just have to imagine her with a very concerned look on her face. She is just so utterly confused by them! She said she just didn’t think she could pull them off! Haha! Gotta love her!
- Zoe and I took the kids to the play area in the mall today. It’s been quite awhile since we’ve been in the mall, so it was a good day for it. Right when we got in the play area a little boy near Harper started to cry. I guess Harper thought that he’d made the little boy cry because he turned to him and said “Don’t worry, I’m nice!”. LOVE that kid!