Friday, July 11, 2014

Landon’s 13th

Landon turned 13 yesterday. Thirteen. Thir. Teen.

I now have two teenagers a preschooler and a toddler. It’s weird.

IMG_1814

We started off Landon’s day with a little Happy Birthday “music” and balloons. He wasn’t thrilled, but Zoe, Harper, Dakota and I thought we were pretty awesome!

Once he was finally out of bed, we headed out to lunch at the place of his choice, Chipotle.

IMG_1826

The two little kids were a disaster the whole time we were there, but we made the most of it and then headed home.

Dakota took her nap as usual and then we headed to Skyzone. Landon has been wanting to go there since he heard about it and this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.As we ran out of the house I forgot my camera so I had to use my phone’s camera. Phone cameras are pretty good but not for the action shots I wanted to get of the kids on the trampolines…so, I’ve just got videos…

Skyzone was a lot of fun, but it was terribly expensive. I paid for 5 people (I didn’t jump because I thought the price was ridiculous) to jump for 30 minutes and it was $60. That includes the socks they force you to buy and 30 minutes of jumping time. That’s it. Fun, but going to have to be special occasions only.

Thirty minutes wasn’t long enough, but the kids were exhausted. As soon as we got home dinner was started and eaten and then we had our cupcakes (cupcakes in a jar per Landon’s request) and he opened his gifts.

IMG_1829

IMG_1859

IMG_1863

It was a nice day and I was glad we were able to do the things he asked to do. It’s tough having a summer birthday when all your friends are off on vacation and stuff. I’m glad though that we were all able to be here to celebrate with him and show him we love him. He’s a special kid and he’ll always have a special place in my heart. I love you, Lanny. Happy Birthday.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...