Monday, August 18, 2014

Animal Kingdom, Part 1

Of all the parks at Disney World, I think Animal Kingdom is my least favorite. I don’t mean that I don’t enjoy it, I just mean that if we had to skip one, this would be the one.

IMG_3363

IMG_3366

As soon as we entered the park we headed for Dinoland to ride Dinosaur.

IMG_3368

Dakota wasn’t tall enough for the ride so while everyone else went in, she and I hung out together.

IMG_2379

Harper didn’t enjoy Dinosaur very much because it was quite scary. I rode it years ago and remembered it being scary, but I couldn’t remember why. When they came off the ride I was able to use a fast pass for my turn and Landon went with me. I couldn’t believe I had allowed my 3 year old ride that ride! There were dinosaurs jumping out and it was very dark and loud at certain points. It was fun, but maybe a little intense for preschoolers.

IMG_2384

We thought we should do something a little less scary so Tony, Dakota, Harper and I rode the Triceratop Spin while Zoe and Landon went on the Primeval Whirl. When our rides were over we met up at The Boneyard.

IMG_2387

After being in the heat all morning we were ready to head inside for a show. Luckily, we made it just in time to see Finding Nemo: The Musical. I was blown away by how cool this turned out to be. I thought it might be kind of strange with the people dressed up as the characters, but it was amazing! We really enjoyed the show and appreciated the air conditioning!

IMG_2392

According to Dakota, it was time to eat after this show. We ate at the Yak and Yeti and I think it was probably the best food we had at any park.

IMG_2395

After lunch we headed to the Kilimanjaro Safari ride. It was a fun ride and we got to see lots of animals up close. Lots closer than at a regular zoo.

IMG_3396

IMG_3442

IMG_3453

IMG_3459

IMG_3464

IMG_3474

After our safari we waited in line to Baloo and King Louie! It doesn’t matter that Harper is afraid of the movie The Jungle Book and that neither of them know who Baloo and King Louie are. We wanted pictures with them anyways!

IMG_3490

IMG_3503

Part 2 coming soon!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...