Saturday, August 9, 2014

Around the Yard

Our yard, flowers and vegetable garden were looking pretty good before we left on vacation and I have to say that for the most part it’s still in good condition. Mema came over and watered when she could so I’m sure that helped. We had a few potted plants die, but it seems that they’re always the first to go anyways since they need so much water.

The dahlia’s came up while we were gone. They always look so pretty in the front with all the hosta’s surrounding them.

IMG_4263

These two big pots are still thriving which makes me happy! Especially the one in the background that I got on clearance at Lowes!

IMG_4265

IMG_4271

Check out the size of this hydrangea!

IMG_4276

The fuchsia did really well this year too. Not sure why this picture is so washed out, but you can see how big it’s gotten.

IMG_4277

And, another washed out photo, but these paper flowers always seem to do well all summer too.

IMG_4278

The canna lily pretty much bloomed and died while we were away, but there was one pretty one left.

IMG_4300

Green bell pepper.

IMG_4280

Poblano pepper.

IMG_4281

Tomatoes galore.

IMG_4282

Cucumber.

IMG_4287

Tony and I have been back to work on the gardens since we’ve been home and things are looking pretty good. They’re just in need of some watering and weeding and we’ll be back in business!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...