Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lazy, Rainy Day

Today is Rosh Hashanah and for my kids, that means a day off of school.

Unfortunately, it wasn’t the best day to have off because it rained and rained all day. It meant we were all stuck inside for the day, but it ended up being a pretty good day anyways.

Landon was able to get all of his homework done without the pressure of hurrying so that he could get outside to play. He got to lounge around and play with the little kids and even fit in some time on a computer game.

The little kids and I kept busy with toys and games for most of the morning and when it seemed that they were getting bored, we did some art. Harper practiced using his scissors and I let them both go to town with a bottle of glue and some glitter. It was messy, but it was fun!

After lunch the two little kids and I had some quiet time doing puzzles and looking at books while Landon did his 1/2 hour of reading for school. Dakota pulled out a book that makes all sorts of animal sounds and was being quite silly showing me her version of those sounds. Thank goodness for video!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...