Sunday, September 7, 2014

Maryland Seafood Festival

IMG_4690

This weekend was the annual seafood festival at Sandy Point State Park. Tony and I really look forward to going to this every year and this year was no exception. The weather today was gorgeous, only in the low 80’s, much better than the heat people endured yesterday when it was close to 100 degrees. It’s no fun to be at a festival in that kind of heat!

IMG_4689

Mema went with us this year and it was the first time she’d ever been. She liked looking at all the artsy stuff with me, and even bought a thing or two. Tony got a cool poster for the basement and once I have it framed, I’ll be sure to put a pic up here on the blog. Tony also paid $20 for this mug and free refills for the day:

IMG_3238

Landon thought it was the coolest thing ever! I think he was imagining it was full of beer…

The kids had fun jumping on the bounce houses and Tony and Landon both attempted the rock walls. Neither made it to the top, but both came very close.

IMG_4625

IMG_4641

IMG_4652

IMG_4662

IMG_4667

At one of the tables a woman had set up an area for kids to make sand art. Dakota kept asking me for ice cream and when I couldn’t figure out what she was talking about she led me to that table…she thought the sand was ice cream! Mema asked them if they wanted to make one and of course they jumped at the opportunity!

IMG_4675

IMG_4681

After the sand art we went to find lunch. Tony, Mema and I had THE BEST crab cake sandwiches! They were soooo good! (The kids wanted pizza. Go figure.)

IMG_4688

IMG_4686

*Harper didn’t want his picture taken; he was having a moment.

We saw something called Chip Stix and before we left we had to try them! Landon ordered sour cream and onion and I ordered cheddar cheese flavor. They were both really good!

IMG_3226

We had a nice time and we left around 12:30 or so, just when it was starting to get hot. We knew we weren’t going to be there that long anyways because we had plans to drive out to see Zoe’s new apartment…but, that’s another post. :)

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...