Thursday, October 23, 2014

A Chilly October Morning

IMG_3990

Our typical stay at home Thursday routine was disrupted by too much bickering. The two kids just weren’t in the mood to play nicely so at 10am I gathered up our stuff and we all headed for the park.

It was nice out, but chilly with a strong wind. I was glad I brought the kids’ heavy coats because they would have frozen without them.

IMG_3991

IMG_4003

We didn’t play long before Dakota went and crawled in the stroller and declared it time to go home. She didn’t care for that cold wind and complained her hands were cold. Harper, on the other hand, didn’t mind the wind and was happy to ignore his frozen fingers. (Strangely, this is usually the other way around.)

As we were leaving, we took the wrong path (on purpose) and ended up in a field with some bleachers to climb. Dakota forgot she was cold and Harper loved jumping off the top bench.

IMG_4010

IMG_4012

As we started home, Dakota asked if we could see “the skeleton”. “The skeleton” is just a plastic one that a neighbor has out in their yard right now for Halloween. Every time we drive by both kids beg me to go slowly so they can have a look…and, of course, I do. I hope that if they see it enough now, maybe they won’t be afraid next weekend when we have to walk by lots of scary things. We’ll see how this pans out.

We went through a few neighborhoods and saw lots of different decorations, and they were delighted by all of it. Pumpkins, ghosts, bats, scarecrows and skeletons are equally “scary” or “neat” right now. Dakota asks me “so nice” about every single thing she sees. She’s just gotta be sure they’re all nice even if they don’t look that way.

When we got home I grabbed our two little pumpkins off the front porch and gave them some paint to decorate them. I have to admit that they weren’t really all that into it. I don’t know if it was just the mood of the day or what, but they were done in like 5 minutes.

IMG_4029

IMG_4032

While they painted I got their lunch ready and as soon as Dakota saw it she asked if we could “eat eat” outside. I thought it’d be a little too cold for it, but she was adamant and I decided to give it a try. We ate out there on Tuesday and it was really nice, and it ended up being really nice today too. It’ll be our last day though because after lunch, as they played on the swing set, I cleared the deck and prepped the gazebo for winter. No more eating out there till spring. Sad smile

IMG_4036

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...