Friday, October 24, 2014

Five on Friday

  • Zoe texted me a picture of a burn on her arm on Monday and told me she’d gotten it from a flame thrower while at work. I had to laugh (she’s working for a catering company) because I figured her flame thrower was probably a small torch used to make stuff like crème brulee. She insisted it was a flame thrower though and then I began to doubt myself and started to wonder exactly what a flame thrower looked like. That evening I googled both flame thrower and cooking torch images and really had to laugh about the whole thing!
  • While we were out playing earlier this week, Dakota picked up a piece of mulch that was lying on the play equipment and asked me “where this come from?” She said it very clearly and I was thrilled that she came up with such a great question! Her speech has been slowly progressing but I’m seeing it come together more rapidly now.
  • I was telling my mother-in-law that I thought Dakota was going to be pretty sad next year when Harper was in school all day and I started to get a little choked up about it. It was then that I realized that I too was going to be pretty sad when he goes to kindergarten. I don’t know when I became such a baby about things but I feel like everything chokes me up when it comes to my kids these days! It’s little things like this that make me wonder if I really could homeschool…
  • I’m pretty sure that the neighbors are going to call the cops on me if I don’t stop slowing down in front of their house as I drive by. The two little kids insist that I slow down so they can look at the Halloween decorations but I’m thinking we’d better stop before people get suspicious of us!
  • A nearby shopping center had a trick or treat event tonight and we decided to go again this year. It’s pretty crowded but the kids sure enjoy going store to store asking for candy. Dakota was a little afraid of some of the costumes but she did pretty good…but, it was light out and most of the kids out were probably 10 and under. I’m pretty sure she’s going to be too afraid to trick or treat around our neighborhood. Harper absolutely loved walking around and seeing all the costumes and he wasn’t the least bit afraid. Landon came with us too and even though he wasn’t dressed up a few people still gave him some candy. He was good about the whole thing though and it was a nice night out. (I really need to figure out why all of my pictures are overexposed! It’s driving me crazy!)
IMG_4956

IMG_4960

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Missing your kids never stops. When my youngest started high school ...it was a new strange school where she knew nobody. She cried that first few days... what I didn't tell her until recently is when she got out of the car I sobbed too! Paul and I have always bated the start of a school year.. we like our girls around.

I have no idea how to work my camera.. I used pic monkey to edit my shots ... they have lots of free stuff. I pay. 20.00 a year (b/c I want the halloween graphics) : )

Have a great weekend.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...