Monday, October 20, 2014

Oh, Monday

IMG_3901

What a day. It started out normal enough but got interesting as soon as I made a turn onto the road out front and my entire drink spilled all over me. We were running a bit late out of here and I was in a hurry and didn’t push my drink down into the cup holder far enough…turned a corner and splash, all over my pants. It went underneath me and the entire backside of my right leg was soaked. Hooray.

IMG_3905

So, I made a quick turn back into my neighborhood, ran in the house and grabbed another pair of pants and then we were off again. I decided I’d just have to change after I got Harper to school since we were so late. Somehow we managed to pull up to his school just as the last person was pulling away so I didn’t have to get out in my wet pants to walk him into school. It was a little miracle of sorts.

IMG_3903

Dakota has Rolly Pollies on Mondays but there’s about an hour between dropping Harper off and her class so we went to Mema’s house to hang out for a bit. When we last had dinner over there Mema had raked up a big pile of leaves for the kids and it’s all Dakota wanted to do this morning. I tried to talk her out of it because it was chilly and the grass was damp, but she just wouldn’t take no for an answer…

After all the work raking up those leaves she only jumped in them maybe 4 times and then she was done with it. I guess it’s just not the same as jumping in it with her brothers.

It was such a gorgeous fall day here. It started out cold, but by this afternoon the weather was a beautiful 70 degrees. I thought I’d better get the two little ones out while it was nice so we took a walk to look at Halloween decorations and then ended up at the park.

IMG_3952

Dakota is such a momma’s girl these days. She doesn’t want anything to do with her daddy and is always telling me she’s “mad at dada” and “dada’s yucky”. I’m not sure what he did to piss her off, but it’s been going on for a few weeks now! (She says the same thing about Umpa and the guy who runs her class at Rolly Pollies. I think it’s just a general dislike for men thing, but I have no idea why.) So, while I pushed her in the swing at the park, Tony and Harper played follow the leader on the tennis court.

IMG_3975

Harper is all about making up his own games these days. He gets lots of ideas from the games he plays on the iPad or Wii and his imagination is huge. He thinks of all kinds of cool things for us to do and he just loves to direct the way we play…but, don’t try to give any input because it will likely be shot right down. Apparently he has enough ideas for all of us.

IMG_3978

Harper and Dakota were best buddies on the walk home and they even held hands most of the way. They’re just too cute for their own good sometimes.

IMG_3983

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I hate when the day starts out like that ~ looks like you didn't let it ruin your day. Great photos.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...