Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Morning at the Park

Since today was election day Landon was out of school. I warned him that the two little kids and I were going to a park for the morning because we were going to have nice weather, but he chose to stay home to sleep in and play video games. It made me a little sad that he didn’t want to go because it wasn’t all that long ago that he too enjoyed playing at the park. These pesky teen age years can be such a bummer sometimes…

A few of the families from Harper’s preschool class were planning on meeting at a park I hadn’t ever taken the two little one’s to, so I thought we’d go. We got there right around 9:30am and when the two of them saw people with their dogs at a dog park, they HAD to check it out. We watched the dogs play for a bit and then they were ready to play at the park.

The two of them were so happy to be outside playing, and Harper was in heaven getting to play with some of his friends from school. They played in the sand and on the equipment and then ran out to play in the fields just beyond the park area. Three of the boys, including Landon, were out there playing “bad guys” and my goodness were they having a great time! I don’t think they’re allowed to play that at school, so this was a major deal for them! Dakota joined them out there for a bit, and she was happy to run around with her big brother and when she got tired she came back over to the park to play in the sand. The kids had fun and it was nice to be able to talk to some of the other mom’s outside of the few minutes we get at school.

As crazy as it is, I didn’t take a single picture today. I just wasn’t in the mood and for a good part of the time we were out at the park, my phone was in my van because I forgot it and didn’t want to walk back to get it.

I think tomorrow is supposed to be a nice day but then Thursday I heard that a cold front will be moving in with rain, so I’ve got to be sure to get those kiddies out tomorrow afternoon after school. The more exercise we all get the better, and with those cold days ahead we better get all the outdoor time we can!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...