Monday, January 12, 2015

Play, Play, Play

Since Harper’s school is still closed, we’ve been playing in the basement playroom a ton. We spend hours and hours down there playing all kinds of games.

Harper and Dakota have really been enjoying the dress up clothes my mom got them for Christmas. They dress up pretty much every day and I never know what they’re going to end up as since they pretty much mix and match everything together.

IMG_5517

Harper was all conductor this day, but Dakota was a mix of doctor and ballerina. You can see her fluffy pink tutu peeking out of her jacket.

Another big hit in the basement right now are the building blocks. We make buildings and tunnels and tracks for the cars, and most recently we’ve been building zoo’s for the animals.

IMG_5537

There are days where we go downstairs after breakfast and don’t go back up until lunch time. I’ve learned that if I can lend myself to them completely, they are a happy pair. They play nicer when I am engaged with them and I know they enjoy my undivided attention…and I totally love hanging out with them, so it’s a win-win!

And, when we finally do get tired of playing and head upstairs, we can always hang out and watch Roomba! (They ask me to run it nearly every day so that they can watch! I think they like it as much as I do!)

IMG_5544

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...