Thursday, March 5, 2015

Snowy Thursday

When the phone rang just a bit ago I nearly cried. I knew, before looking, that the kids were going to be out of school again tomorrow. Tomorrow makes our 6th day of missed school, and they’ve also had 8 days of going into school 2 hours late. It’s been a lot and it’s enough already.

Many people are upset with the school’s decisions on closures and late arrivals, but for the most part, I think they’ve made the best call each time. Like everyone else, I want my kids to go to school now so that they get out earlier in the summer, but I also want to be sure my kids are going to make it safely to and from school in the first place. Fortunately I don’t have a job I have to get to every day so when the kids are out of school I don’t have to take off work. I know that isn’t the case for many people, but really, I believe that schools are making the best decisions for our kids.

IMG_6767

But…damn my kids are getting crazy. Harper and Dakota were terribly stir crazy today and watching Harper pace was about enough to send me over the edge. Tony was here so he was helpful, but there’s no school tomorrow and I’m on my own. WAHHHH! Landon’s no trouble at all, especially when you consider the fact that he doesn’t get up until 1:30pm.

Play dough creations by Tony:

IMG_6759

We played play dough and watched cartoons and played games and all kinds of things. I found a cute project on Pinterest, but it only kept them busy for about 5 minutes.

Easter bunnies. Dakota’s is on the left, Harper on the right.

IMG_6769

We did puzzles and Lego’s and paint and ate food and still, there was pacing. We played with the dog for a good while and when we were done they both gave her some treats, a favorite for all involved. When they were finished giving the dog treats, they wanted to make each other do tricks for treats (goldfish). So, Harper would tell Dakota to “speak” and she’d bark and get a goldfish. They took turns at that for about 20 minutes and they thought it was the greatest!

IMG_6765

They both refused to go outside and play in the snow, and usually, I’d suit us all up and we’d go anyways, but today I just wasn’t in the mood to fight them. I figured with the way the snow was coming down and the wind blowing they’d just be miserable, so I didn’t push it. Tomorrow though, if we don’t get out of the house, we’ll be in that damn snow. Like it or not.

IMG_6768

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...