Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Dakota's 3 Year Check Up

Dakota had her 3 year old check up on Monday and I totally forgot to post about it.

The appointment wasn't too traumatic since there were no shots involved, but Dakota was NOT happy about having to go see the doctor. She cried when we weighed her, she cried when we measured how tall she was, she cried when the nurse took her temperature...you get the idea.

As soon as the nurse was done all crying stopped...until the doctor came in. The doctor and I discussed all the things that are important when talking about 3 year old's first though and I mentioned to him that I was a bit concerned with her level of anxiety. She seems to have a lot of anxiety about meeting new people and/or new situations and with preschool fast approaching, I wanted to know if I should be worried. After a lot of listening he told me he thought the best course of action would be to let her start preschool and see how things unfolded...and that's exactly what I'm going to do. I've warned her preschool teacher that Dakota was STUBBORN and strong willed and her teacher has assured me that she's ready. But, I'll admit that I'm still pretty worried.

The doctor did his exam while Dakota cried and I did my best to help him get through the ordeal. When it came time for him to check her eyes, she flat out refused to open them. We nicely asked her to open them, we tried to bribe her to open them, we assured her it wouldn't hurt or take long, and we even tried to pry them open; but nothing worked. She squeezed her eyes shut like her life depended on it. When the doctor told her he guessed she wouldn't get a lollipop she said she didn't want a lollipop anyways. Stubborn.

Anyways, she's growing just as predicted and seems to be right on target developmentally. She weighs 32 pounds and is 38 inches tall.

And very, VERY stubborn.


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...