Monday, July 20, 2015

Tonight at the Pool

It's been very hot here the past couple of days and after working hard all day we headed down to the pool for a little bit. Harper is now swimming without his floaties more often than not (he never put them on today) and Dakota is doing more and more with hers on. I was trying to convince Harper to jump into the deep end to me today and he just couldn't work up the courage until Tony offered to hold his hand and jump in with him. It did the trick and after a few times holding hands, he began doing it on his own! 


He must have jumped into the pool a half dozen times and somewhere in there he decided he could also jump in, touch the bottom and then swim from his jump in point to the steps on the other wall. He just never ceases to amaze me! It's so cool to watch him grow more confident.



Dakota loved showing us how she could float on her back and her tummy with her floats on. She's getting more and more brave every day. For about a half hour before we left the pool tonight we were playing sharks and both kids were jumping in to me and I was getting them. For a second I forgot I had Dakota and not Harper in my arms and I tossed her over to the steps and she went completely under water for a second. I thought I'd probably just ruined her day once I realized what I'd done, but she came up and just started jabbering away like nothing had happened! Then, to see what happened, I did it again and again, she just came up ready to keep on playing. It was awesome! Before we left Dakota got the idea to take her floats off and play without them. She practiced "swimming" a little but it only lasted about 5 minutes and then the lifeguard blew the whistle and it was time to go home. I think the swim lessons and family pool time is really giving both kids a huge confidence boost in the water and I'll bet Harper will be full on swimming by the end of summer.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...