Monday, July 20, 2015

Sports Camp, Week 3, Lacrosse

Today's sport was lacrosse.


Harper was looking forward to camp today, as you can see in the picture above. He is always excited to go which is great, but something seems to happen when we get there. They always start each session off with a warm up lap and he did that just fine, but when they said they wanted them to run zig zag through the cones, he refused. Then, when it was time to learn how to cradle the ball in the net of the stick, he was ready to call it quits and go home.Why? I have no idea. So, he broke down in tears and we made quick trip to the bathroom for a potty break and a pep talk. The pep talk worked and after that, it was smooth sailing...mostly. (Dakota was up to her old tricks, hanging on my leg and refusing to try anything, for the most part.)



After lots of practicing "scooping" up the ball, Harper was able to do it a few times and boy was he proud! He just kept practicing until he got it and I was impressed with his commitment. I had to keep reminding both kids how to correctly hold the stick but for the most part I just let them do whatever. Harper did his best to do what the coaches asked while Dakota played with me. 


All in all, lacrosse is a pretty neat sport. I'm not sure either of my kids will ever play it, but it's fun to learn!



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...