Thursday, August 27, 2015

Howard County Fair, 2015

IMG_3988
The Howard County Fair was held a few weeks ago and once I heard it was running I told Tony we should take the kids. We ended up going on a weeknight instead of the weekend to try to avoid crowds but it didn’t work. It was as crowded as ever but we still managed to have a really good time.
IMG_3983
The little kids were happy to get on the little tractors. I was glad they got on together and that Tony and I were able to just watch instead of getting on with them! I’m sure Landon was thankful he didn’t have to try to squeeze on those little things either!
IMG_4022
When I saw this big swing I thought they’d both ride it too, but Dakota wasn’t having it. I was really surprised when Harper decided to hop on since he’s usually the one who doesn’t want anything to do with rides.
IMG_4042
We had corn dogs and cheese fries for dinner and the kids washed everything down with frozen juice drinks. The kids played some games and used up all the tickets we bought (a first).


IMG_3999
IMG_4005
IMG_4008
IMG_4029
IMG_4037
IMG_4057
IMG_4105
IMG_4063
IMG_4083
IMG_4092
IMG_4093
IMG_4103
IMG_4110
IMG_4114
Before we left we walked through and looked at some animals. We didn’t feel like looking at all the cows this time though and went in to see the chickens instead. I don’t know why exactly, but Harper and Dakota thought the chickens were hilarious! They laughed and laughed the whole time we were in there. Landon wanted to bring one home. He’s got a thing for chickens I guess.
IMG_4123
IMG_4126
IMG_4128
Near the exit there were a bunch of bunnies. There was one out on a table and we were able to pet it as we walked by. The kids really loved that! And, since the chicken thing didn’t work out, Landon then asked if we could get a bunny. Smile Didn’t happen.
IMG_4139
IMG_4143
IMG_4145
We really had a great time at the fair and we talked about going to the state fair as we left. I’ve never been to the Maryland state fair but I think this might just be the year we go. (It starts tomorrow!) We’ve also got our own county fair to go to later in September…and Renaissance Fest starts this weekend…and we still need to hit the aquarium again…and then there’s all the fall festivals to attend. Our calendar is about to be PACKED!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...