Sunday, September 6, 2015

Letter “A” and a visit with Zoe

Keeping Dakota busy during the week while Harper is at school is going to be a little bit of a challenge. She isn’t a sitter by any means so I’ve gotta have activities ready for her during the day. I pull out toys she hasn’t played with for awhile and there is ALWAYS a tea party to set up. We do a lot of building with different materials too. Play dough and playing outside are also on our agenda quite often. But, since school is in, I thought it would be a good time to work on some skills. We’re going to start with letter recognition and add in some other skills as we go.
She loves to do art activities with me so I got on Pinterest to get some ideas for the letter “A” and she really enjoyed doing her “”work” with me.

We started by gluing little pom pom’s to the upper and lower case letter.

IMG_1434
Next she used the bingo marker to mark the A’s. I was surprised how well she did this. I didn’t have to help much at all.

IMG_1437
I think her favorite activity was the one where she got to use scissors. I am amazed at how well she can cut! She hasn’t had much practice and this was the first time I’d ever been able to hand her the paper and let her go for it.


Not sure what this silly face is about but she sure is a cutie!

IMG_1444
Our final activity for the first day was to paint with an apple. Did you know that if you cut an apple around the center all the way through there is a little star inside? Well, Dakota didn’t know but I showed her and she was surprised! She was also surprised to find seeds in that apple!

IMG_1445
IMG_1446
We couldn’t see the star print on the paper until I cut away a good bit of the apple…but, we got it to work!

IMG_1448
Once we were finished with all of our art we packed ourselves some lunch and drove over to Zoe’s place to hand out with her for a bit. Zoe and Paige (Brandon’s sister who also lives with them) were there and Dakota just couldn’t warm up to Paige that day. She just wouldn’t have anything to do with her. Dakota is super silly like that sometimes.

IMG_1453
Dakota didn’t want to be around Paige (for no reason other than she’s just a pain about people sometimes) but she’d brought her tea party stuff to play with Zoe and she had to make do with a tea party under Zoe’s dining room table. Goofball.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...