Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Another Snow Day

I just found out a little bit ago that the kids will be off at least through Thursday. I no more than got that message and I was on the phone setting them up things to do (Rolly Pollies tomorrow and bowling on Thursday)! I can honestly say that I don't have cabin fever yet but I'm pretty sure the kids need to get out of the house for a little bit other than sledding because they are pretty much at each other's throats. I'm perfectly fine being in the house, it's weird.

Dakota woke up with a fever again but after some Tylenol, Amoxicillin and a breathing treatment, she had a great day!We spent a good part of our morning in the basement. Harper had me set up the mattress for some sliding/jumping (don't judge) and Dakota played with a little of this and that as she wasn't quite feeling up to being as crazy as Harps.


As the kids were playing I started cleaning up the basement. It was long overdue and something I'd had on my mental list of things to do for awhile. I didn't just clean it though, I did a huge sort and purge of every basket, bin and box, so it took several hours. I'd say we went downstairs around 8 am and I finished around 1 pm. It looks so nice down there now that I don't ever want anyone to play down there again. Kind of defeats the purpose of a play room, but it was a lot of work!

A little bit after I'd finished the basement job, we all headed outside to shovel some more and let the kids sled down the hill that is in the center of our cul-de-sac. That mountain of snow is going to be there for a good while so we might as well enjoy it!




We attempted to clear a nice path to our mailbox but that snow is HEAVY. Tony, Landon and I barely made a dent and our sidewalk is a lost cause. Maybe I'll call Lowe's tomorrow to see if they have any snow blowers in stock...

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...