Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year 2016

Last night I was thinking about whether or not I wanted to start blogging again when I decided to look at my last entry. I knew when I saw that entry that I had to at least try to blog again. It made me so sad to see that I'd neglected to write about all the important (and not so important) things going on in our lives. 

We celebrated so much in those missing months. Several birthdays, events like Halloween, Thanksgiving and most recently Christmas and New Years. I'm disappointed that those aren't recorded here, but I've got a whole new year to try again. Thank goodness. 

So, I'll start here, today and we'll just have to see how things turn out. 

We celebrated New Years Eve the same way we always have, at home with the kids. I love the simpleness of it all honestly. We had a cheese fondue and since we'd had pizza for lunch we opted for enchilada's for dinner. Nothing fancy just good food in a warm house with people I love. Perfect. 

Earlier yesterday afternoon Tony and I took the kids to Pump It Up, an indoor inflatable playground. The kids had a blast running through all the obstacles and jumping to their hearts content. Our friends the Wakefield's also came as well as Zoe and the two kids she watches. It was a fun time!


Today was about getting things done. I'm doing my best to go through all the years of accumulated scrapbook stuff while trying to better organize what I'm keeping. It's a daunting task but I feel like I've just got way too much stuff sitting around here not being used. We made a trip to Staples and then drove out to IKEA on a whim. We had lunch and browsed through the store and only picked up a few new things. Another cd/dvd holder, a few towel bars that I have plans to use in my scrapbook room and some candles, nothing too exciting. 


We had our usual dinner out with Mema, this week at Red Robin. After dinner we hit the candle store to see what kind of sales were going on then we treated the kids to donuts at Krispy Kreme. Harper swears he doesn't like donuts, but he sure did seem to enjoy his triple chocolate donut tonight!


I was a little shocked when we got home from IKEA at 2:30pm and I found Landon still in bed! Gah! Teenagers! I made him go with us tonight since he got out of everything else today and I'm always glad when he hangs out with us. He's pretty awesome most of the time but we sure have our moments. 


So, we'll just call this a nice little beginning to what I hope turns out to be regular writing. I won't make promises, I'll just do my best. I've got to keep it in my brain that these days are fleeting and I want to be able to look back on all this and see how our life looked once upon a time... 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...