Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Her Pictures, Her Stories

Dakota was in the mood to draw this afternoon and boy do I love seeing what she comes up with. This first picture is of her and Harper. When I asked who/what it was a picture of she grabbed the picture away from me and said "oh, I forgot the hair" and then it was much more obvious to me who/what the picture was! :) If you look in the bottom right hand corner you can kind of see me in the picture...


Here's a better view: 


For some reason I was upside down and I wasn't smiling like she and Harper were. I asked her about it and she said I was "nervous because she and Harper hadn't cleaned up their toys". Mommy is probably having a nervous breakdown because of all the toys but whatever, it's her picture. She never did explain why I was bald and upside down though.

Nervous is her new descriptive word for everything. "Mommy, I'm nervous because I'm not ready to take a bath", "Mommy, I'm nervous because I want the markers and not crayons", "Mommy, I'm nervous because we played blocks", that sort of thing. I love that choice of word, it makes so many funny sentences!

Here is the complete picture:


As you can see there is a big blue puddle of ice next to me (could explain why I'm upside down? maybe I fell?) and Harper is holding a balloon with a hat on.

Love it.

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...