Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Harper's Alligator

Every once in awhile Harper will pull out his How To Draw book and practice drawing. A week or so ago he was looking for a challenge and went to the back of the book. There is a neat dragon on the last page but he thought that was above his ability and settled on the next to last page which featured a giraffe and an alligator.


He tried the giraffe first and just couldn't quite do it to his satisfaction. He tore up page after page in frustration and eventually decided to give the alligator a try instead.


It turned out awesome. He was very proud of his drawing and I thought it was great. I love that he didn't give up altogether when he was struggling with the giraffe.

Yesterday he came up with the picture below and I think it is probably the best thing he's ever drawn. It's a person (obviously) holding an ice cream cone and a kite. Simple and adorable.


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...