Monday, April 25, 2016

Zoo Field Trip


Last Thursday was Dakota's last preschool field trip. The zoo is always a fun field trip and the only time we'd go to the Baltimore Zoo instead of the National Zoo in DC. I decided to take Harper out of school to go with us and thought about taking Landon but knew he'd hate it. (I asked him to be sure and he said no thanks!) Tony took the day off of work to go since it was her last field trip and I'm not a fan of driving into the city, so it worked out great!








Dakota was way more excited about eating a picnic lunch than seeing any animals. We got to the zoo at 10 am and she was ready to eat right then (she wasn't hungry, she was just excited to have a packed lunch like her brother gets every day for school!). She asked if it was time to eat after seeing each animal, poor kid! When we told her we were going to go find a spot to eat she grabbed her lunch box to carry and led the way! She was so happy!


I wish I'd gotten a better picture of her lugging that lunchbox but I assure you that is one heavy lunch and one determined little 3 year old! She made it part of the way then decided to sit in the stroller and hold it... :) 







It turned out to be a pretty great day at the zoo. It's small enough that you can really see everything in one day and big enough that it doesn't feel like a waste of time to go. The kids love all the interactive aspects and any chance to go through a tunnel, climb, jump or run makes their day. I loved that it wasn't hot (it was actually quite chilly) and not crowded. I don't know if we'll ever go again though because the National Zoo is quite a bit nicer and free to get in!






No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...