Friday, August 19, 2016

Last Hoorah of the Summer

You'd think we'd need a day off to relax and recoup after throwing a birthday party, but not us. Oh no. We got up and hit the road by 8:15 the next morning. We wanted to have one last summer "hoorah" so we booked a room at the Embassy Suites in Williamsburg, Virginia and planned to do some fun stuff in that area for a few days.

When it finally sunk in on Saturday night that we were leaving the next day I thought to text some old friends (Eva, Alphonso and their two kids, Deziree and Camron) of ours to see if they wanted to meet up for lunch. They live in Virginia Beach and although we haven't seen them in years we've maintained a friendship through Facebook. I was so happy when they said they'd meet up with us near the beach for lunch at a place they recommended Luna Sea. We got to the restaurant around 12:30 and had a wonderful lunch. It was so great being able to catch up with our friends that I forgot to take even one picture! We were so busy chatting and eating that it just completely slipped my mind.

Once we parted ways we went back to our van to change into our bathing suits to hit the beach.

It must have been just over a million degrees out there that day. We had only planned on spending a little time at the beach and we were very under prepared. I mean, we literally had a blanket to sit on and some towels. No umbrella or water or anything, yet we still managed to enjoy ourselves...with about 4 million other people. 

I have no good pictures of Landon because he was mad at me. He was really tired because he didn't go to bed until very late the night before (even though he knew we were leaving early) and he'd been giving me attitude all day. He went ballistic when he found out we were going to change clothes in the van and was being mouthy which, of course, pissed me off and on and on. By the time we got to the beach we were ready to kill each other and that's why he's missing from the photos. Dang him. 

We only spent about an hour and a half at the beach before deciding we were just too damned hot to stay any longer. We packed up what little we had and drove about an hour to our hotel. We checked in, took quick showers and then headed out to find some dinner. We ended up at Firehouse Subs because we were in a hurry and then we went back to our room for the night. 

*While we were gone I got a text from my good friend Lisa saying that she'd had her baby! I was so happy to hear that baby Evelyn had arrived and I was ready to turn around and go home! Haha!

No comments:

"Try It Night"

Every once in awhile I pick up a bag of new candies I come across and once I've amassed a few we have "try it" night after din...