Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Happy November!

Hi there!

It's certainly been awhile since I've written and honestly, I don't know where to begin. October was crazy busy and, as usual, the first thing to go was blogging. I always regret not making the time but I can't ever seem to squeeze it in when life is hectic. 

I guess I'll begin with some pictures of the kids Halloween costumes:

Landon dressed up as Negan from The Walking Dead. It was kind of last minute but I thought he looked the part once we got the red scarf in place. (We had to wrap a metal bat in brown paper and then use some old jewelry wire to create barbed wire, but since it was dark it all looked pretty good.)


Eeny, Meeny, Miney, Moe...



Harper wanted to be a robot this year. He's had a real thing with robots lately... Anyways, robots aren't a popular costume choice so buying one was pretty much out of the question. I did some research on Pinterest and ended up making him one. It was a bit of a headache but in the end I was pretty happy with how it turned out and I learned a lot in the process. Harper really liked it (even though it was a bit difficult to walk and see in) and we got a ton of compliments. :) 



Dakota finally settled on being a kitty cat after first choosing a witch, princess and ghost. I was thankful for the super easy costume choice! The only thing I made for her were some kitty cat gloves, and man was I glad I did because it was cold walking around last night!



Chris, Lori and Lea came over as they have every year for as long as I can remember and we headed out. It wasn't quite dark at 6 pm but the kids were anxious to get moving, so we did. They walked our entire neighborhood with the exception of two cul de sacs, which is quite a lot of walking. They ended up with tons of candy and even though Tony took a huge plastic bag of it to work, we've got enough to last us till next Halloween. 

Another Halloween behind us and Thanksgiving just around the corner...this year sure has flown by. 

Happy Fall and Happy November! 


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...