Monday, February 20, 2017

Chore & Check Off List


I had a ton of cleaning to do today and thought it'd be a good idea to get the kids to help out. I made them each a list with things to do with little boxes they could check off once they were completed. It was a total hit! They both loved getting to mark off the things I'd written down and Harper was done in no time! I've got to remember to do this more often because they both completed everything on their list with zero complaints! 

It was another gorgeous day so after spending the morning cleaning and playing inside I told the kids we were going outside so they could ride their bikes a bit. Dakota took off on her bike like she usually does while Harper barely moved the pedals and stayed way behind. My typical stride is faster than he pedals...I don't know if he'll ever pedal faster than a snail. But, he was out there doing it and I've just gotta keep having him practice until he gets comfortable with it. 



While Landon worked on a project all day Harper and Dakota had friends in and out of our house all day. At one point this afternoon there were six kids happily playing in our backyard. It's really nice to have neighbor kids over to play and they were all outside for a really long time. Hopefully they all sleep like logs tonight, I know I will be. 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...