Monday, February 27, 2017

Cold Monday Afternoon...

Harper and Dakota had friends over both days this weekend and I needed a break so today was a "no friends" day. Doing that means it's up to us to keep them occupied (unless they decide to play something together) so today I pulled out a game we got them for Christmas. It kind of got lost in the shuffle of gifts so it was great to find it this afternoon and try it out.


It's for ages 5 and up so it was perfect for both the little kids. I was worried about the game taking a long time because of the original but we were done in less than half an hour. (I was the first one out of money, Dakota was the day's big winner.)


Harper really didn't want to play with us but we kind of forced him and he ended up loving it. I let him be the banker and he relished that responsibility. I was pretty sure Harper would like the game once he got started but I wasn't so sure about Dakota even though she was enthusiastic to try...turns out she loved it too and asked if we could play again tomorrow!


After playing Harper had some "quiet time" (iPad time) and Dakota helped Tony make dinner. 


And then there was some craziness before bath and bedtime...the usual around here.






No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...