Saturday, April 29, 2017

Around the Front Yard

I've been spending a stupid amount of time working on my yard these past couple of weeks and I'll be darned if I'm not going to put proof on the ol' blog. Bear with me as I blabber about yard work...

I found some big fat Marigolds when I was at Lowe's the other day and decided I'd give them a try in the front flower bed. We get nothing but sun and heat up there from about mid day on so I need something there that can deal with that mess. I'm hoping they'll be able to survive along with the Petunias that Dakota insisted we have and the little yellow Calibrachoa.


There's only a single Hosta left from when we moved in nearly 7 years ago (I think the voles ate the roots) and the Salvia is doing OK although some are looking a bit puny this year. I've gotten to the point where I'm really unhappy with this garden and just feel like it's too big to deal with. It stays very hot up there most of the day and I think it'd be nice to just bring the stones even with the front porch and put in a few pieces a sod between the stones and sidewalk. I do love the little tree in there though and I think this year it is looking better than it has in quite awhile. Up against the garage wall I have some Peonies and they're just about to open. I can't wait to see what color they are since I can't remember what I put there!


I've got the three big pots filled up with an assortment of flowers. I thought I'd try a little of this and a little of that and see if any of it lived, haha! There is some Brocade Geranium, Calibrachoa, Lantana, Glitz Euphorbia and Royals Chambray in those pots. Fingers crossed it all doesn't die. I've got two more peonies on this side of the house too and they're looking great! Woohoo! Peonies everywhere! I picked up a few more lambs ear for the front to even it out on both sides...hope it survives!


Further to the right is another big mostly empty bed. I've planted some little grasses in there and some Artemesia but I'm not even close to done with that area so I'll save you the photo. On the right side of the house I've got a big butterfly bush and a couple more peonies. :) I haven't even cleared those beds out yet but will likely get that done tomorrow. Look at the buds on the peonie's though! 😍





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...