Sunday, April 16, 2017

Spring Break, Day 6

Haven't had time to blog until tonight and I've got a bunch of catching up to do so bear with me. I'll start with our last day in South Carolina...

Thursday morning began with working on our spring break books. The kids started out wishy washy about this project but ended up really enjoying the process. I'll wait until they're complete to share.


Dakota has blossomed into a total dog lover since we've been here. She was a little nervous for about 5 seconds and then it was love from that point on. She really loves Charlie, LaTisha's dog. (We ALL love Charlie though because he is the most relaxed, sweet animal ever.) She loves Pepper, Lola and Dutch also and gives them kisses and hugs as long as they'll let her. I love seeing how comfortable she is with them and how happy they make her. Harper has always enjoyed the dogs but I think Dakota may actually be a little more comfortable with them than he is. (His favorite is Lola, LaTisha's other dog.) 


In the afternoon the kids spent a little time in the pool. They loved when we'd throw the ball for Lola and she'd jump in to retrieve it! 



Since it was our last day I decided I'd better take a bunch of pictures. I got some cute one's of everyone outside and then some of us out on our evening walk with the dogs. I really love the first one of Jaron and Dakota. That's Hobart sticking his head in between them for the photo. 












After our walk we all went back to the house to dye Easter eggs. LaTisha found a technique that used shaving cream and regular food dye, so we gave that method a try and boy was it messy. It was fun and a cool idea but man, the mess!





Wouldn't you know I forgot to get a picture of our final product but I'll just say that they were mostly variations of pink. We didn't leave them to sit in the dye long enough because Tish and I have no patience and when we washed them off, so none of them had great color. Oh well. There's always next year. 


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...