Sunday, May 7, 2017

Heavy Seas Beer and Taco Festival

Yesterday Tony and I went to Heavy Seas Brewery to celebrate our friend Jeff's birthday. (Jeff is my friend Lisa's husband, the one's we eat dinner with monthly.) They are beer lovers and apparently Jeff loves taco's as well so this was the perfect little birthday lunch for him! We aren't ones to turn down beer and taco's either so we were looking forward to it as well. (I'm actually not a beer or alcohol drinker but hey, you only live once!)


The event was sold out and there was a long line to get in. We didn't have to wait too long thankfully and we were greeted by a Mariachi band as we walked in. They were kind of cool and something I'd never seen before. Beer glasses in hand, we chose our first beers. My first choice was called Smooth Sail (not bad for beer, haha) and Tony had the Cutlass (not as good as mine!). After grabbing our first beer we got in the nacho line. There was another band playing something or another but we were so busy chatting and eating and drinking that I can't remember a thing about them! 

The rest of our time there was pretty much spent waiting in line for various types of beer and taco's. There were chicken taco's, pork carnita's, eggplant tempura taco's, pork belly taco's, general tso taco's and some kind of DELICIOUS Korean BBQ taco's. The Korean BBQ were my absolute favorite! I only had one other beer, The Great'er Pumpkin, and I have to admit that I didn't love it. Tony tried several others and while I didn't have any more beers of my own, I did taste all of his! Some of them were really good, too bad I have no idea which one's they were!

The event was from noon to 4pm but we ended up leaving around 3 o'clock with stuffed bellies. It was a good time and it was nice to do something sans kiddo's. Special thanks to Mema for watching the two little ones for us! (Landon was at a neighbors birthday party and doesn't really need a babysitter anyhow.) 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...