Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Billy's Bridge Puppet Show

I am exhausted today. After three parties this weekend and celebrating July 4th yesterday, we are all feeling a bit sluggish. So, for the most part, we're taking it easy. The kids didn't sleep in despite going to bed super late. It was nearly ten when they went to bed and they were both up this morning around 7:15. Woo. I let them stay up 2 1/2 hours past their bedtime and they slept an extra 15 minutes.

Luckily they played really nicely all morning. Dakota asked me to build her a tent (this must be at least the 4th time this summer) and she and Harper actually played under it for a little longer than it took me to build it which was nice.


When they got tired of whatever game they were playing under the tent (something to do with dogs and babies) they asked if they could play some Super Smash Bros. on the Wii U. Normally I'd have them wait until later in the day but today I gave in and let them at it. 


They ended up playing about half an hour and then we headed out to the library to return the books we had as well as pick up a few new books. We weren't in the library 5 minutes before they were fighting so I gave them a lift the flap book to look at while I grabbed anything that looked remotely interesting. They both actually liked whatever book I gave them and happily sat lifting flaps and whatnot until I was done stuffing my bag with new material for bedtime. After they looked at it together Harper read it to me while Dakota found a coloring page to work on.




As part of the summer reading incentive program at the library they have several different shows throughout the summer. Today was a puppet show based on Three Billy Goats Gruff. Both of my kids really liked the show but I think the majority of the audience was too young. There were lots of 3 and under kids there that I think this was probably a bit boring for. Luckily my two kids understood the story and were able to sit through it. There was a part of the show where the lady taught them a song and Dakota was really getting into it! She was doing all the hand movements and dancing and it was very cute. Harper enjoyed it also and did most of it but he wasn't quite as enthusiastic. Whenever I see Dakota participate so wholeheartedly I feel so proud of her! She's come so far and I think she is going to absolutely love Kindergarten this year!




At the end of the show the puppeteer told the kids they could come up and feed the goat something before they left. Dakota told me she was going to feed the goat her sticker and surprisingly she went up and did it! She thought it was so funny!










No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...