Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Sharpie Canvas Fail

I pinned this cool project on Pinterest and the other day when the kids were looking for something to do, I thought we'd give it a try. When I originally saw the post I thought they'd done the project on canvas (it was done on ceramic tile) so that's what we tried it on. We'll just go ahead and call it a Pinterest fail, but not because it didn't work, but because I didn't read the article.

We began by coloring on canvas with Sharpies.



Dakota had a melt down at the beginning saying she couldn't do it but when I tried to help she got mad and told me she didn't need help. It was confusing. 

Once the kids had colored their canvas, we dripped rubbing alcohol on top of the marker. You can kind of see what the idea behind the project is, but it just doesn't have the same effect on canvas as it would on tile. 



We chalked this little project up as a lesson learned about not reading articles before jumping in. I ended up tossing them because they just looked awful! If I find some nice plain ceramic coasters maybe we'll try again. 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...