Saturday, September 9, 2017

Dakota Starts Kindergarten

Dakota's big first day of Kindergarten was yesterday. It was hard for her to see all the kids get on the bus all week and not get to go so she was super excited on Friday morning when it was her turn. She was up right at 7 am and after she ate breakfast and got dressed she was ready to walk down to the bus stop only we still had about 30 minutes until it was time to go! I told her she had lots of time to play with Harper before we had to go but she just couldn't lose herself in their game because of her excitement for school. She came upstairs and told me she was just going to sit and wait in a chair until it was time to go. Poor kids anxiety must have been through the roof (mine sure was).





I was so worried she'd start to freak out when it was time to get on the bus but I think Harper and Sydney being there really helped. She never wavered, not even a second. She got right on that bus and was off. Unfortunately they sat on the side furthest from where we could see so we didn't get to see her on the bus but I was sure her brother and friend were taking good care of her.

Tony took the day off so he and I went to Annapolis for lunch. We ended up eating outside at Paladar. We'd never been before and it didn't seem like a kid friendly place so it was perfect! The food was VERY good and since it felt like a celebration that all of our kids were successfully in school we ordered a flight of rum to try out. (Very unlike us, but what the hell!) 



After lunch we walked around looking in shops at things we can't afford and then on our way home I remembered it was Pumpkin Spice Doughnut day at Krispy Kreme so we swung in there and grabbed a dozen.


As soon as Dakota got off the bus I could tell she'd had a LONG day. She let out the biggest sigh of relief to finally be home and she was hardly able to walk she was so beat! I tried asking her about her day but it was like pulling teeth to get anything out of her. Exhaustion does that. But, I did get a little video of her showing me the little maze toy her teacher gave her.


Monday is the last staggered day entry day for Kindergartener's and then they all start going every day with the rest of the school on Tuesday. I can't wait to see how this goes!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...