Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Dakota's Kindergarten Teacher Conference


Dakota got to meet her teacher and see where her classroom was today. She was very excited and I could tell she was a bit nervous as well. As we walked down the hallway she reached for my hand and asked if I was going to stay the whole time. I reassured her that I wasn't going anywhere without her but it makes me a touch nervous about Friday when she'll be going alone.

Her teacher seemed very friendly and was able to get Dakota to talk to her without much effort. Dakota has come a very long way in regards to interacting with people she is unfamiliar with and for that, I'm very thankful. The teacher had toys set out for the kids to play with while the adults talked but Dakota didn't want to play and sat with me instead. Her new teacher, Mrs. Anderson, is friends with her old teacher Ms. Koch (now Mrs. Overstreet) so Dakota thought that was pretty neat that they knew each other.

I think Dakota is going to do great at her new school and I'm anxious for Friday to get here just to see how she does. I'm nervous that she'll refuse to ride the bus or that she'll freak out but I'm hoping for the best. I'm hoping she'll get on the bus with her brother and friends and be happy and have a wonderful day. I hope she'll get to meet some new amazing friends and love Kindergarten as much as she loved Preschool. Only time will tell.



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...