Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Saturday Sports

Saturday morning found us back out on the soccer field. Harper had a 10 am game, Dakota's game was at noon and Landon was at Chesapeake for a cross country race. I had to drop Landon off at his school at 7 am so that he could catch the bus to his race and then get home to get ready for the two little kids' games.


We got up to the field around 9:30 so that Harper could warm up with his team and I watched half his game before I headed out to watch Landon run at 11:15. The school was about 30 minutes away from where we were so I barely made it to the field before his run began. But, I did make it!


Again, I don't have his exact time but I know he did amazing because I got a picture of him right at he started down the finishing stretch. (I was video recording but a woman came up behind me and told me I had to move out of the way so my video got all messed up.) But, I did catch this one picture and he is the little red dot coming up on the far left...it's nearly impossible to see, but he's there! And, the time then was 20:49 so he may have made it just under or at  21 minutes which is a terrific time!


The coach asked that all the runners stay for the awards ceremony afterwards and as soon as it was over I signed him out and we headed for Dakota's game. Unfortunately the traffic was very heavy coming out of there and being a single lane road with lights made us very slow. We hadn't had lunch so we grabbed some and by that time it was too late to make Dakota's game. Of course, since I wasn't there, she scored TWO goals! Luckily Tony caught one of them with his phone and it was a terrific shot for such a little girl!


So, our Saturday was a sporty one, but a good one nonetheless! We've only got one game this weekend (Harper) because Dakota is going to a birthday party instead of soccer and there isn't a meet for Landon this weekend. I'm looking forward to the break!





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...