Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day # 2

The kids are home again today because we got a little snow. Again, it isn't much but the roads weren't cleared so it's for the best. Tony said he saw some cars/trucks in ditches on his way to work, so I'm glad schools were out.

It's been a LONG day though. Filling their time just isn't easy. There are plenty of things to do, but they have a lot of pent up energy and nowhere to run it off...except outside in the freezing cold. After lunch I took them out into the backyard for a little bit. I thought if I went with them they'd be happier out there but it wasn't the case. There just isn't enough snow to do much with so they were cold and bored after only about 30 minutes. But, it was better than nothing and I did get a few cute pictures.



Harper found a bug in the snow and was just amazed by it. I don't know what kind of bug it was but he held it for the longest time, admiring how it walked around in his hand. 



Here he is sharing his bug find with Dakota. She wasn't nearly as impressed.


And, here they are saying good bye and good luck. 







No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...