Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Boy Scouts: Blue and Gold Ceremony

Harper, Tony and Dakota attended Harper's boy scout Blue and Gold ceremony this past weekend. It was held at our local fire hall from 2:30-5, right smack in the middle of the day. I had planned to go but when Tony told me it was $5 a person (they were asking for donations to cover hall rental and food and originally I thought it was mandatory which is why I didn't go) I didn't think it was worth it since I'd have to leave around 3:15 to pick Landon up from home and take him to work by 4 pm. So, I missed this one.

They had some games with little prizes the kids could win and a kid friendly lunch. (Chicken nuggets, hot dogs, veggie tray, etc.)






The kids were given belt loops for the activities they'd earned as well. (There are required loops they must earn to advance to the next scout level and then there are some electives as well.)


Harper was awarded three loops this time; Running with the Pack, Howling at the Moon and Call of the Wild. He also earned his Bobcat badge which must be earned by all boy scouts before they can advance to any other level of scouting. Since Harper has earned his Bobcat badge, he'll now be able to work towards earning his Wolf patch.



(I'm just learning about this boy scout stuff, much like I'm learning girl scouts so don't take everything I say as gospel! I could be wrong!)


No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...