Monday, February 19, 2018

Masquerade Ball

Friday night Tony and Dakota attended a girl scout sponsored Masquerade ball. It began as a daddy daughter dance, and that was the majority of the turn out, but it was open to any special adult + their girl scout. When I asked Tony if he'd want to attend with Dakota he happily agreed so I signed them up. It wasn't until about a week later that we realized it was going to be a bit of a conflict with the boy scout camping trip the same weekend! Oops! It ended up working out okay though because Tony went with Dakota to the dance and then the next morning he and Harper left bright and early for camp. (All this AND Tony had his last major paper to write and turn in by tonight! He managed his school work, regular work and role as amazing father/husband seamlessly this week! I'm proud of you, hunny bunny!)

I don't really have a lot to write about the ball itself as I wasn't there, but I of course have photo's to share. I asked Tony to take a bunch for me at the dance as well, so I have those to post too.








While she and Tony were at the dance Harper and I watched Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. We finished reading the book just after Christmas but hadn't really found the time to watch the movie and this seemed the perfect opportunity.


Dakota and Tony got back around 7:45 or so although the dance wasn't to end until 8:30 pm. I guess Dakota had had enough. She said she'd had fun and that she'd eaten 5 cookies. That was pretty much all she told me as she wiggled her way onto the couch to eat our popcorn and "watch" the end of the movie. 





No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...