Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Mother's Day Goodies

This will be the last Mother's day post for this year, promise!

After Milk Bar we walked around a bit more before deciding we were tired and ready to call it a day. We found this cool looking shopping area as we headed back to the parking garage and we loved how it was decked out with all these pink flags and lights.


We were super close to the White House and when I asked the kids if they wanted to take the long way to see it before going to the car, Harper and Dakota enthusiastically replied that they did. There were several people outside the gates protesting different things, a guy who would dance on top of a cooler for any change you were willing to spare, and your usual tourists.



We got a decent Mother's Day picture in front and then headed out.


It was an exhausting day and Dakota and I both fell asleep in the car on the way home which is pretty unusual for her. (I always fall asleep if it's more than a 30 minute drive!)


Here are some of the goodies I received this year for mother's day, aside from the family time. This adorable hand print plate the girl scout troop put together:


This spa lady that Harper made at school, along with a booklet of spa related coupons:




This cute hand/fingerprint vase from Dakota that she made at school:


And Tony bought me some pretty jewelry:






And that, my friends, is a wrap of Mother's Day 2018. I've got some serious Father's Day planning to do!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...