Sunday, June 24, 2018

Bowling + Playdates

I had planned to have the Wakefield clan over here on Friday for a water play day but when we saw MORE RAIN in the forecast we decided to take the kids bowling instead. Harper was really grumpy about going and asked if we could skip it but I insisted because rainy days are the longest and I had a little surprise for him afterwards (his buddy Colin was coming over to play). 




Not too far into the first game things went downhill for Dakota. As she was bowling her second turn the system reset itself and the sweeper bar thing came down and her ball hit it and rolled all the way back. Despite my telling her that it was an accident she couldn't have avoided it spoiled the rest of the morning for her. We got everything working again but when it happened a second time, of course on her turn, she quit for the rest of the day. I guess she thought she was causing it to happen and that the people working there were going to be mad at her and she just wasn't taking any more chances. The upside to this though was that Harper changed his tune once we were there and happily bowled the rest of his and Dakota's games. 



Colin came home with us from the bowling alley and Dakota's friend Marley came over around 12:30 as well. It was a big fat play date at our house and the kids had so much fun!




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...