Sunday, June 24, 2018

Dinner Under the Stars

As soon as I saw dinner under the stars begin advertising I knew I wanted to go again this year. There is something special about sitting out in the middle of the street in Annapolis for dinner! The participating restaurants are limited and I feel that the kids won't eat at most of the places so we ended up at El Toro Bravo again this year. Lisa and I debated all day whether or not we should go because it'd been raining off and on but ultimately decided to take our chances and go. Tony, the kids and I got there a bit early and though it was sprinkling the tables were being set up as though it weren't so we weren't the only hopeful's out there.


The kids couldn't have cared less about the rain and ran up and down the sidewalk climbing the street lamps. They are happy to be outside under most circumstances and drizzly rain is way better than blazing heat anyways. 


As we sat looking at our menu's it continued to lightly sprinkle but around the time our food showed up it had stopped. We got lucky. The kids barely ate (as usual) and while the boys were itching to get up and run up and down the alley, Dakota just wanted to play with Evelyn.





The boys were playing "The floor is lava". I guess Colin won this round!


Dakota was playing with the camera on Tony's phone and making Evelyn giggle like crazy!


Aren't these little girls the sweetest? I don't know what Dakota was telling her but Evelyn sure seemed to be paying attention.


After dinner the sky's were still clear so Tony, the kids and I walked to the Annapolis Ice Cream Company for a scoop. They have markers on the tables so that you can decorate a plastic spoon that they collect and put on pieces of wood hanging from the walls inside the shop. It's a quirky little thing they do and we decided to add our spoons to their ever growing selection. 

From the left: Tony, Dakota, Me, Harper. 


It ended up being a great night and I'm glad we decided to take the chance with the weather. 




No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...