Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Library Adventures and Casting our Ballot

We didn't have any exciting plans for the day today so it was a good day to get some errands taken care of. While the kids played Minecraft I got my exercise in; 30 minutes on the elliptical and then about 25 minutes of Pilates on the reformer. It's been awhile since I've used that machine and boy did I get a workout!


After that I got a quick shower and we left. Dakota has been asking to eat at McDonald's for months so we stopped there first. 



Once we'd finished lunch we headed to Goodwill to drop off some donations then to the post office. Our final stop was the library where I let them load up on books. They are both trying to read 100 books for summer so we needed some new stuff. Since we were there we signed up for the summer reading program. Just for signing up they got a free ticket to an upcoming Baysox game, 5 free skating passes, a free Chipotle kids meal voucher and a card for a free ice dream at Chick-fil-A. They were also given a summer library challenge pamphlet to keep track of their books/minutes read as well as other summer library activities as well as a paper to do a scavenger hunt. 



Since we had time I let the kids go ahead and do the scavenger hunt before we checked our books out. The kids had to find picture clues around the children's book area and then read a riddle and fill in the blank. Once they found all the pictures they used the special letters in boxes to solve a mystery phrase. They loved the hunt and were thrilled when they got a small prize when they turned in their papers. They both picked a whistle from the treasure box.




It just so happened that there was no line for voting so the kids and I cast our ballot while we were there as well. I didn't think I'd make it for early voting but when I saw no wait I figured I'd go ahead and get it done instead of waiting for the general election day.



No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...