Wednesday, June 20, 2018

National Museum of Natural History/ Butterfly Exhibit

Every Tuesday the National Museum of Natural History has free admission to their butterfly exhibit. My friend Lisa was planning on going and asked if we wanted to join them and of course we said yes! We left bright and early so that we could get there and in line a few minutes before the museum opened at 10. While Lisa figured out how to pay for parking I let the kids run off some steam.







We headed over to get in line and only had about 8 minutes to wait until the doors opened. Once we got inside we made a mad dash to the restroom and then ran up the stairs to get in line for tickets to the actual butterfly exhibit. Our timed entry was at 11 am so we had some time to explore other parts of the museum.











We got a lot in before our 11 am entry but man there's a lot to see in there! When it was finally time my kids were super excited to see the butterfly's!










Before leaving for the day we stopped by to see the Hope Diamond display (the best picture I got sucks but it was crowded, dimly lit and I was trying to hurry). It's pretty awesome!


And, on our way out we stopped to see the elephant because Evie likes them! 


We were done and home by 12:30 pm. I love going to museums but there's only so much of it the kids can stand so 2 hours was just long enough. I'm hoping we'll be back down in DC again soon!

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...