Thursday, July 5, 2018

How We Spent our Fourth of July 2018

This is the third year we celebrated the 4th of July with our friends the Wakefield's. It's kind of cool to have this new tradition and even cooler to see how the kids change with each passing year. (Here we are in 2017 and 2016.) Zoe and Brandon were here again this year as well which is always nice!

We got started a bit earlier this year since we finally had nice weather and were able to go to the pool.  (Landon was at work because he wanted that holiday pay!) We all met up at the pool at three and stayed until the ribs were done in the smoker around 5 pm.







While perusing Pinterest Harper and I saw a cake that had sparklers on it and he begged me to make it for our holiday dessert. I didn't really want a cake but he was so excited about it that I relented. Plus it made things super simple since I just bought a cake mix, slapped some white frosting and red/white/blue sprinkles on it and called it a day! 


Zoe made a dessert too and I thought hers tasted way better than mine...she thought the opposite! Hers is brownies layered with whipped topping and then the strawberries and blueberries. It was really good!


After dessert we headed outside to do some sparklers and get photos before it got really dark. 



Dakota came out with this giant bow in her hair but quickly got tired of it so Brandon and Zoe took turns wearing it. I think Brandon liked it the most because he ended up wearing it most of the night. 





Dakota wasn't a big fan of the sparklers or firecrackers this year. 






When they were out of sparklers they set to work arranging their loot from smallest to largest. 











No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...