Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Pataspsco + Cindy's Soft Serve

We are having some really great weather here right now so yesterday the kids and I headed out to Patapsco for a few hours. The plan was to have a picnic lunch on a blanket, play at the playground, throw rocks into the river and hike up to Cascade Falls, but it pretty much didn't work out that way at all. The ground was too muddy to sit on a blanket, the bridge leading to the rock throwing area was partially closed and the trail to the falls was also closed due to all the rain we've had recently.

We did eat our lunch outside at a picnic table though, so, still a picnic. And, the kids enjoyed playing at the playground, so it wasn't a complete bust! Harper was finally ready to try the fire pole, and luckily it was a success! I love how he keeps his foot on the platform until the last possible second!




That brown water doesn't even look inviting so I'm really kind of glad that it was chilly and we hadn't planned on getting in anyways. The water is the highest I've ever seen it too; the rain here has been no joke. We always like to cross the bridge and sit down near the water to throw rocks or play in the river but the bridge was blocked on one end so we only got to walk so far across. Hopefully they'll reopen it sometime soon; you don't realize how you'll miss something until it's no longer available.


On our way to Patapsco I was reminiscing about when Zoe lived in the apartments in Elkridge which reminded me of the time we went for ice cream at Cindy's soft serve, a little ice cream shack on the side of Route 1. So, as we were driving home I thought the kids and I should treat ourselves. Of course they don't just offer delicious soft serve but also snowballs, which both of my kids ended up choosing this time round. How they ever chose a flavor after looking at this list is a mystery! (What the heck is Sponge Bob Square Pants flavor? And, Shark Attack does not make me think of good tasting anything.)

Look how big these babies are getting! I just can't get over those long legs on the two of them!




Harper went with Tutti Frutti.


Dakota had Blue Raspberry.


I chose the classic chocolate soft serve on a cone. 










No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...