Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Back Pack Papers

The kids have been busy at school and the seemingly endless school papers are beginning to make their way home each day. I always try to keep a few things from the beginning/middle and end of each school year to keep up with progress and I've got a few things to keep from these first days already. (These are mostly all done by Dakota because they still do these cute things in first grade whereas they don't so much when the kids get older.)




This first week was a piece of cake. On the first week we...met our new teacher and learned class rules. Also sorted fruit loops by color and made friends. 


Name: Dakota (I noticed she spelled her name wrong here and on one of the papers above.)
Birthday: July
Favorites
Subject: Math
Color: Purple
Food: Macaroni
Animal: Dolphin




Don't be mad, Zoe. She just counted who lives in the house. :)


Kindergarten favorite food: macaroni and cheese. First grade favorite food: fettuccine alfredo.


In Kindergarten I talked more. In first grade, I was shy. 

*This paper breaks my heart a little because I know she's been struggling to make friends in her class this year. It's weird but all of her closest friends from last year ended up in different classes and she ended up kind of by herself. It seems like the girls in the class this year were friends last year and it has created a bit of a challenge for Dakota to find a way in. I'm hoping with time she'll make a good friend in her class but it has certainly led to a bumpy start. She cried every morning last week when it was time to get on the bus and I ended up calling her counselor at school to check up on her, which she did. Her conclusion was that Dakota hadn't made a connection with any of the girls in her class and was having some anxiety about that which of course makes me want to go there tell those little girls what an awesome friend they're missing out on. :) Mama bear mode in full effect, right? I'm doing my best to be patient and to help her through this but I have to admit, it's tough. 


And finally, a paper from my cutie Harper. Tony and I were both impressed with what he wrote, seems pretty decent for a third grader!

My first day of school was...Wow. My first day of school was better than I expected. We did a activity called math about me. It helped me learn about math and it was fun. Another thing that was (fun) was a teacher quiz. It helped us learn about Mrs. Zak. It was very exciting. The first day of third grade was the best day of third grade.


While I'm really glad Harper had a great first day of school, I really hope it isn't his "best" day of third grade or it is really going to make for a long year! So far, he has really enjoyed being back at school and has a happy and positive attitude about everything involved; such his personality! 

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...