Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Summer's Retreat

I know there are parts of the country where it has already snowed and other parts where it is still blazing hot but here, in Maryland, I'm beginning to notice some subtle signs of fall and that shit rings my bell. What is there to love about fall, you ask? Well, I would say, what isn't to love?

Here's a short list of some of my favorites:

  • fuzzy socks
  • orange/red/gold color combo's 
  • fall festivals
  • sweaters and jeans
  • tall boots
  • homemade soups
  • Halloween
  • birthday date night
  • leaves changing colors
Just writing that little list makes me happy! The very first thing I noticed changing was the tree in my front yard. Sure the grass is a bit burnt from some hot summer days we've had but I see yellow leaves littering the yard and I know autumn is on it's way in. 


Harper has been a leaf admirer for as long as he could use his little hands to gather them and this leaf was the first this season to catch his eye. He picked it up on the way to the bus and as the bus pulled up he handed it to me and said "isn't this one pretty, mom?" Yes, baby boy, it sure is. 


And then there's this little squirt wearing this dress with all the right colors and the boots that are perfect for stomping and dragging through leaves. 


I tried to get her picture while we were outside but cooperation wasn't on the menu but as soon as we entered the garage (with the beautiful recycle bins as our backdrop) she struck a pose with the fan she made at school and I snapped a picture anyways. 


Four more days until it's officially fall and I'm thinking maybe it's time to make a fall bucket list...

No comments:

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...