Monday, August 18, 2008

Excuses, excuses...

Reason's why I haven't been blogging:

  • Soccer events; Zoe had a tournament last weekend and the weekend before as well as high school tryouts and a camp in between. Back, forth, back, forth. Good news though...she made the first cut for the high-school team. I am keeping my fingers crossed that she will make the final cut tomorrow. I am incredibly proud of her!
  • Back to school; haircuts, groceries (for lunches & quick dinners), school supplies...you know what I mean. Good news here too...kids are going back to school! Hooray! Summer is nice, but I sure do love the fall weather and the routine school days bring!
  • Tony's foot; the first two days after his surgery were the busiest for me really. Trying to make sure he was comfortable as well as keeping things running as usual. He really wasn't too whiney or anything, but it was just another thing to worry about. He is much more mobile now and feeling better. He had his first post-op appt. today and when the doctor showed him how he should be moving his toe he nearly passed out from the initial pain. He said it didn't really hurt, but something got him because he turned a little green and the doctor made him lie back for a few minutes. He is doing ok though...just gotta make sure we keep that foot from getting bumped, and keep working on that joint. Ouch.
  • Animal Crossing; just being honest here. I haven't missed a day yet! I am the only one who plays it every day and I am kicking everyone else's booty! Tony also re-introduced Landon to the  board game Clue, so we have been playing that lately. The two of them have played it at least a dozen times, but even Zoe and I have played a few rounds. Landon always wins and we can't figure out how...
  • My left knee; I have been having some pretty severe pain in my left knee for a little over a week now. After trying to get an appt. for the third time today at my doc's office I finally get to go in tomorrow at 1pm. I sure hope it is something simple because it is seriously painful sometimes. Last night I had to get up and walk around our bedroom till the pain stopped, but every time I would lay back down it would start throbbing again. Hopefully I can get this taken care of tomorrow without too much trouble. We'll see.

So, these are my excuses for not blogging and not taking pictures. It really bothers me when I have the same crap on my page for more than a day or two and I hardly have any photos for this month even though there has been a lot going on. I hope to get back into the swing here soon. Maybe I'll drag my camera with me all day tomorrow and see what I get.

2 comments:

Tony said...

Even though I know how much you do around the house, I did not realize the amount of time it takes to do it. With me as an added burden, unable to do the normal share, over the past few days has made it that much harder for you. So I say...

Thank you for everything you have done. It is much appreciated.

Ellie said...

Isn't something the way life just wants to keep us rolling. I was also missing in action for a while and didn't write in any of my three blogs. I also understand about those little sometimes big aches and pains that just come out of no where to wake you up. Pain isn't fun that's for sure.

April Fools Pranks

The two little kids made me laugh yesterday morning.  I was upstairs getting things ready for school when I heard them talking about how ...